Virginia Maritime Lawyer
When you have been injured because of the carelessness or negligence of another person, an experienced attorney can help you get full and fair compensation for all your injuries. You may be unable to work and provide for yourself or your family. You may have substantial medical bills and need long-term medical care, including rehabilitation or physical therapy. You may have permanent scarring or disfigurement or live with significant pain on a daily basis. A lawyer who has seen it all, one who knows the laws and procedures, and who has successfully helped others in similar circumstances can be the key to getting your life back on track. This includes claims before the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission and claims before the US Department of Labor, Longshore and Harborworkers Compensation Act
At the law office of Virginia Beach personal injury lawyer Sidney H. Kelsey, Jr., P.C., I bring over 39 years of personal injury experience to people throughout Hampton Roads, the Eastern Shore and Southeastern Virginia. A third generation attorney with extensive trial experience in the state and federal courts throughout the state, I emphasize personal service and attention in all interactions with clients. When you hire me to handle your personal injury claim, you will work directly with me at all times.
I provide a free initial consultation in the areas of traffic, criminal, personal injury, maritime law, and workers' compensationto all clients. To schedule an appointment, contact my office or call me at 757-497-2107.
Virginia Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
I focus my personal injury practice exclusively on the needs of personal injury victims, handling claims involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents. I protect the rights of people injured in car, truck, motorcycle or bicycle accidents; whether as drivers, passengers, or pedestrians.
- Slip and falls. I handle cases where people have been hurt because of negligence by property owners, including claims involving slippery floors or sidewalks; and broken steps, stairs, or cracked pavement. I also represent individuals injured when the property owner fails to provide adequate security.
- Product liability. I represent individuals injured by the dangerous or defective design or manufacture of consumer goods or other products.
- Maritime injuries. I take claims involving injuries suffered on the waterways in and around eastern Virginia, including boating, jet-skiing or water skiing injuries. I handle claims arising on any navigable waterway, from a river or lake to the ocean. I litigate cases involving all types of watercraft, including Jetskis® and Waverunners®.
- Work-related accidents and injuries. I typically recover benefits for all types of injuries sustained in the workplace or in vehicle accidents while working. These include not only benefits for wage loss, but also medical coverage for permanent injuries to all parts of your body which have been injured.
I handle cases involving all types of injuries, from soft-tissue injury to serious and catastrophic loss, including broken bones, brain or spinal cord injury, herniated disc, paralysis, burns, and amputation or loss of limb. I also represent surviving family members in wrongful death actions.
As an experienced trial attorney, I am always willing to take your claims to court to get the results you seek. Nonetheless, I will always consider a negotiated settlement, if it is in your best interests. Additionally, if you want to resolve your personal injury claim without the time and expense of litigation, I can help you use mediation or arbitration to find a solution that meets your goals.
Contact My Office
For a free initial consultation in the areas of traffic, criminal, personal injury, maritime law, and workers' compensation, contact my office or call 757-497-2107. My offices are conveniently located near most of the local courts.